SSAS AMO DB is a database version of AMO which helps to view the metadata stored in the SSAS cube. The Metadata will be loaded into a SQL Server database from the SSAS cube using AMO using SSIS package. From that database user can generate reports for the SSAS metadata. A database diagram has been enclosed in the download for your reference
This database stores the below SSAS objects and their properties
The SSIS package takes up the below configurable values
OLAPServer - OLAP server from which Metadata needs to be extracted.
OLAPDB - OLAP Database from which Metadata needs to be extracted.
OLAPCube - OLAP Cube from which Metadata needs to be extracted.
SSASAMODBServer - Server in which AMO DB resides
SSASAMODBDatabase - Database which has been setup for storing metadata as per installation instructions.
When OLAPServer , OLAPDB and OLAPcube values are provided the existing metadata for the above will be deleted and reloaded.
How to install and run this app
1. Create a database
2. Run the Table scripts from Scripts\Tables.
3. Run the SP scripts from Scripts\Sps.
4. Open the SSIS package from SSASAMODB folder.
5. Configure the parameters as mentioned above and run the SSIS package.
Note :This project is developed in SQL Server 2008.
The next version will be released with below features
1. Adding more objects pertaining to security and all other objects.
2. Utility procedures to extract data from the database.
3. Scripts to compare the configuration between servers.
Please add comments and ideas if any more further extensibilities can be done to this project.